Message TCP with Acknowledge

laurent68

Message TCP with Acknowledge

Post by laurent68 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:53 am

Hello Alex,

Is it possible to have message tcp (between 2 xstarter) with acknowledge, and resend message if not receive to the other side.

Is it possible to implement this in Xs or not ?

regards

Laurent

Alex
Site Admin

Re: Message TCP with Acknowledge

Post by Alex » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi Laurent,

I am sorry, for now there are no such option. I think it can be possible with modified version of xStarter WP. In this case there must be used:
1. On the sending side action HTTP/Download or HTTP/Post.
2. On the receiving side task with new event type "On HTTP request" with option to receive parameters from the HTTP request and return some code.

So, sending side can check returning code (e.g. 404 if requested task does not exist, 501 if network timeout, etc) and retry reqest to this task or to another.
Wha you think about this way?

laurent68

Post by laurent68 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:47 pm

Alex wrote:Hi Laurent,

I am sorry, for now there are no such option. I think it can be possible with modified version of xStarter WP. In this case there must be used:
1. On the sending side action HTTP/Download or HTTP/Post.
2. On the receiving side task with new event type "On HTTP request" with option to receive parameters from the HTTP request and return some code.

So, sending side can check returning code (e.g. 404 if requested task does not exist, 501 if network timeout, etc) and retry reqest to this task or to another.
Wha you think about this way?
Hi alex,

If i'm not wrong HTTP need a website or server with webserver. Ok so it's not urgent. This one is more viewtopic.php?f=6&t=208

regards

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Exactly, that's why I wrote about xStarter WP, there are integrated webserver exists.

laurent68

Post by laurent68 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:45 pm

ok so i will check something this we

but i will need xs WP trader please alex if you can.