export HTML

laurent68

export HTML

Postby laurent68 » Fri May 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Hello alex,

1 idea :

create an export html by section with all task scheduled, type of schedule and parameters, and status enabled / disabled

many thanks

Laurent

Alex
Site Admin

Re: export HTML

Postby Alex » Mon May 18, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi laurent,

Wrote this in my ToDo list, item #204 :(.

laurent68

Postby laurent68 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi Alex,

We have now more than 250 Tasks in about 20 sections.

It's hard work to manage them.

I understand you can not develop any suggestion I do.

But if you can improve current feature "Export to Html" to possibility to "Export all task to Html" (with indication for each task if is active or disabled)

That's offer us the possibility to have informations to all tasks, and create a document (or dashboard) which indicate :
which task are scheduled,when, which task are not called, which task are called by other one, which variable are never used etc etc

so please if you develop only 1 suggestion I do, please develop "Export all task to Html"

regards

laurent

Alex
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:30 pm

Laurent,

Maybe it's better to have "Wide tasks view" in the xStarter itself? With options to view tasks event type/schedule; last launch time; next launch time; task launched by event, schedule or by another task. etc. I don't know only how to show in such grid "variable are never used"...

laurent68

Postby laurent68 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Alex wrote:Laurent,

Maybe it's better to have "Wide tasks view" in the xStarter itself? With options to view tasks event type/schedule; last launch time; next launch time; task launched by event, schedule or by another task. etc. I don't know only how to show in such grid "variable are never used"...

Hi alex,

Happy your are back.

But if you add "export html" feature, it's will take you not so much time i think. and after i cant create a tool with features i need.

If you add "Wide tasks view" in Xs itself, it will took you really much more time, and i will always ask for new features ;-)

in fact if "export html all task" should be a function and can be schedule directly from task in Xs it should be great

Alex
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Mon May 03, 2010 8:26 am

Hi Laurent,

Do you need exactly HTML or maybe XML? XML is better for parsing I think, HTML better for reading...

laurent68

Postby laurent68 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:27 am

Hi Alex,

because i will certainly use Xs for reading the file, i think HTML (same as now) is better.

I just need you create a function "Export all task Html" that i can call from Xs (for scheduling) and indicate a folder which receive all html file for all task for all section.

many thanks

Laurent

Alex
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Mon May 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Laurent,

Done. You can download new version by this link:
http://www.xstarter.com/download/xstart194b.zip
or
http://www.xstarter.com/download/xstarttr194b.zip

New action xStarter/Tasks/ExportTasksIntoHtml.

laurent68

Postby laurent68 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi Alex,

many thanks.

When you have time, if you could just add if the status for the task is enabled / disabled

have a good day

Laurent

Alex
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Tue May 04, 2010 2:43 am

I love this term "When you have time" :). It means never :).

You mean export task attribute Enabled/Disabled or add some checkbox what will allow to select, export all tasks, only Enabled, only Disabled?

Return to “Suggestions”